Library Updates Concerning COVID-19
The library will continue to offer doorside service and virtual services only, to allow time for the Governor’s Office, DHS and the Legislature to develop a plan for reopening Wisconsin in a safe manner.
Book drop will be open to accept returns for limited hours:
Tuesdays 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Saturdays 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- When returning items, please be mindful of social distancing.
- Items will be quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in.
- Book drop hours are subject to change depending on amount of returns.
- All checked out items will continue to be renewed until the library re-opens.
Thank your for your continued support and understanding of service changes.
Doorside pick up for items available at Ellsworth Public Library will begin Monday, April 27th.
- Call us at 715-273-3209 to order items. Staff will verify your identity by asking for your library barcode number or name and birthdate OR email us at email@example.com with a list of items wanted. Please include your name and library card barcode number as well as titles and authors of any books or any other necessary information in your email.
- A pickup date and time must be scheduled. Pickups will be at the front door. If the front door is not accessible for you, please let us know and arrangements at the back door will be arranged.
- Only items at our library may be ordered. No orders from other libraries can be filled at this time.
- If you are unable to pickup items at your arranged time, please call the library.
- Pickups may not be available during inclement weather, so please call ahead if there is any question about weather.
- Items will be bagged and have an attached note with your initials and date and time of your pickup.
- The book drop is currently closed, so please keep your items until we re-open or until the book drop re-opens. All items are being automatically renewed so no need to worry about overdue items.
How to know what items are available at our library:
- Go to the MORE Catalog: more.lib.wi.us and log in
- Enter a search term (remember, “movies” and “books” are valid keyword search terms)
- Select the “Available Now” filter on the left side to expand it
- Select the pickup library as Ellsworth
- Search results will be limited to titles available and holdable at Ellsworth
- Tip: to exclude ebooks and audiobooks, open the “Titles I can…” filter and select “Borrow and take home”
- Tip: Turn on “Active Filters” so subsequent searches retain limits
While our physical building may be closed, we are still here to help. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, reach out via Facebook, or call the library at 715-273-3209 and leave a message including your name and phone number. A library staff member will return your call as soon as possible.
The Safer at Home executive order states that “libraries shall close for all in-person services, but may continue to provide on-line services and programming.” This order will remain in effect until 8:00 a.m. Friday, April 24, 2020. Please keep an eye on the Ellsworth Public Library website or the EPL Facebook page for updates on programming and on-line services.
1. Governor Evers call to close all non-essential businesses
2. The confirmation of more COVID-19 cases in Pierce County
3. and our concerns for the safety and well being of all of our patrons and staff
The Ellsworth Public Library is now closed to all on-site services.
Our book drop is closed
“Door Pick-up” services are suspended.
Library staff will be working from home.
Please continue to watch our website, Facebook and Instagram pages and our e-newsletter for updates. We will continue to monitor the situation and may be able to resume services as recommendations and guidelines change or loosen in the coming weeks.
Ways to connect with library services and materials off-site:
o Access e-books, e-audiobooks and e-magazines from our MORE catalog
o Access language learning for all ages using Transparent Languages (link on MORE catalog page)
o Access Tumblebooks, Tumblemath, and Teen Book Cloud from our EPL webpage
o Watch our Facebook page for tutorials on how to use your library card to access free e-services, online events and other fun content from your friendly EPL librarians, as well as information on how to access community services.
Please send an email to email@example.com or message us on Facebook if you need anything at all. We will still be here for your research, reference and information needs.
At 1:47 p.m., on March 17, 2020, the State of Wisconsin issued a press release regarding the Emergency Order #5 issued by Governor Tony Evers, which prohibits mass gatherings of 10 people or more, beginning at 5:00 p.m. on March 17. Libraries fall within the Emergency Order #5.
Ellsworth Public Library will NOT be able to reopen on Thursday, March 17, 2020 to library patrons or for the Library Board meeting. The meeting will still occur, and will be made public by conference call.
Ellsworth Public Library will be CLOSED for cleaning from 2:00 p.m Tuesday, March 17 through 4:30 p.m., Thursday, March 19. The Library Board will meet at 5:00 p.m. on March 19 to discuss closure due to COVID – 19.
If you have items you’d like to pick up from the hold shelf during our March 17-19 closure, please call 715-273-3209 to set up a time during regular open hours to pick up these items. You will need to give your library card number when you call. One of our staff will deliver items to you at either our front or back entrance.
Please check our website or Facebook for additional updates.
In the interest of protecting our staff and patrons, in particular the high-risk populations we serve, the library has taken the following preventative measures:
- We are cleaning and disinfecting rigorously with an extra focus on often-used items.
- We have removed a large amount of the toys from our children’s area temporarily to reduce the possibility for transmission among our littlest patrons.
- We are working to stay updated on COVID-19 news so we are able to pass on accurate information to our patrons.
- We are washing our hands often and following other Wisconsin Department of Health Services guidelines on what every person can do. Check out that information here: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/index.htm
Programs might be suspended. This decision will be based on recommendations by local and regional public health organizations or closure of schools in the Ellsworth school district. Please check Facebook or the library website for details regarding changes in programming.
DUE TO THE CLOSURES OF SCHOOLS IN WISCONSIN, ALL LIBRARY PROGRAMS WILL BE SUSPENDED MARCH 16TH – APRIL 5TH.