Library building is closed.
Doorside pickup is available.
Library Services Frequently Asked Questions
July 30, 2020 – Services Updates
- The Ellsworth Public Library is providing doorside pickups and virtual programming until further notice.
- We are able to copy, print and fax for patrons at this time, so please call the library to make arrangements for these services.
- Deliveries between libraries are now being made with reduced delivery days and quarantine procedures in place. Thanks for your continued patience as interlibrary holds will take a bit longer to become available for pickup.
- Notices for items ready for pickup are being sent via email, text or phone. Please watch for emails or texts to confirm items available for pickup. Once you receive notification you must call the library at 715-273-3209 to schedule a pickup appointment. Staff will call patrons who have phone notification selected. Email and text notifications are recommended.
- Returns can be made at the front door book drop on Saturdays 9-1 and Tuesdays 10-8. Items are quarantined for 96 hours before being checked in.
How can I check out items from the library?
Doorside pick up at Ellsworth Public Library is available.
- Place holds on items through the MORE catalog. Items available at Ellsworth will be filled quickly. Items from other libraries will take a bit longer due to decreased delivery days and quarantine.
- To find items that are currently available for checkout from the Ellsworth Public Library:
- Go to the MORE Catalog: more.lib.wi.us and log in
- Enter a search term (remember, “movies” and “books” are valid keyword search terms)
- Select the “Available Now” filter on the left side to expand it
- Select the pickup library as Ellsworth
- Search results will be limited to titles available and holdable at Ellsworth
- Tip: to exclude ebooks and audiobooks, open the “Titles I can…” filter and select “Borrow and take home”
- Tip: Turn on “Active Filters” so subsequent searches retain limits
- You may also call us at 715-273-3209 to order items. Staff will verify your identity by asking for your library barcode number or name and birthdate OR email us at email@example.com with a list of items wanted. Please include your name and library card barcode number as well as titles and authors of any books or any other necessary information in your email.
- A pickup date and time must be scheduled. Pickups will be at the front door. If the front door is not accessible for you, please let us know and arrangements at the back door will be scheduled.
- If you are unable to pick up items at your arranged time, please call the library.
- Items will be bagged and have an attached note with your initials and date and time of your pickup. Items will be checked out to you.
How can I find out when my items are due, and how do I renew items?
Due dates are found on your checkout slip or can be found by logging into your MORE account. Due dates are no longer being renewed automatically by the IFLS library system. Please log onto your account to renew items or call the library at 715-273-3209.
How can I return items?
Our book drop is open on Tuesdays 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Saturdays 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Items will be quarantined for 96 hours before being checked in.
Will the quarantine time affect fines on items?
Ellsworth Public Library is a fines free library, so if the item was checked out from our library, you never need to worry about fines! Quarantined book drop items will be backdated to the date they were physically returned to the book drop. Items checked out from another library will follow that library’s return/fine policy.
How can I contact the library staff?
While our physical building may be closed, we are still here to help. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, reach out via Facebook, or call the library at 715-273-3209 during our regular business hours (Monday & Friday 10-6, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 10-8, and Saturday 9-1). Staff will be at the library to take your calls. After hours you may leave a message including your name and phone number and a library staff member will return your call as soon as possible.
How can I print or fax?
We are able to copy and fax as long as it can be done without coming into the library building. If you need a copy made or a fax sent, please call the library at 715-273-3209 to arrange a time. Staff will make appropriate arrangements. Copies are $.10 per page for B&W, $.25 per page for color. Faxes are $1.00 for the first page and $.25 for each additional page. Correct change is appreciated.
How can I connect to WiFi?
WiFi is accessible in parts of the upper and lower back parking lots.
When will the library reopen?
Our plan at the Ellsworth Public Library is to open by appointment as soon as the Covid-19 activity level goes back down to medium in Pierce County. We’ve been keeping an eye on the Wisconsin DHS statistics and the Pierce County Public Health Dashboard to stay informed on the spread of the virus in our community. The activity level has been consistently high since early July, and we are patiently waiting for a safer time to allow people back into the building to browse the collection and use the computers. The library will continue to offer doorside and virtual services only until further notice. Please keep an eye on the Ellsworth Public Library website or the EPL Facebook page for updates on re-opening, programming and on-line services.
How can I access the online and digital services if I don’t have a library card?
You may access these services by Clicking here to sign up for an e-Card.