Library Services Frequently Asked Questions
How can I access the online and digital services if I don’t have a library card?
You may access these services by Clicking here to sign up for an e-Card.
How can I check out items from the library?
Doorside pick up at Ellsworth Public Library is now available. Delivery service between libraries is not operational so only items available at our library can be ordered for check out.
- Call us at 715-273-3209 to order items. Staff will verify your identity by asking for your library barcode number or name and birthdate OR email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of items wanted. Please include your name and library card barcode number as well as titles and authors of any books or any other necessary information in your email.
- A pickup date and time must be scheduled. Pickups will be at the front door. If the front door is not accessible for you, please let us know and arrangements at the back door will be scheduled.
- Only items at our library may be ordered. No orders from other libraries can be filled at this time.
- If you are unable to pickup items at your arranged time, please call the library.
- Pickups may not be available during inclement weather, so please call ahead if there is any question about weather.
- Items will be bagged and have an attached note with your initials and date and time of your pickup.
To find items that are currently available for checkout from the Ellsworth Public Library:
- Go to the MORE Catalog: more.lib.wi.us and log in
- Enter a search term (remember, “movies” and “books” are valid keyword search terms)
- Select the “Available Now” filter on the left side to expand it
- Select the pickup library as Ellsworth
- Search results will be limited to titles available and holdable at Ellsworth
- Tip: to exclude ebooks and audiobooks, open the “Titles I can…” filter and select “Borrow and take home”
- Tip: Turn on “Active Filters” so subsequent searches retain limits
How can I find out when my items are due, and how do I renew items?
All library materials due dates will be extended until the library re-opens so don’t worry about due dates and no need to renew.
How can I return items?
Our book drop is open on Tuesdays 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Saturdays 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. These hours are subject to change depending on capacity. Items will be quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in. All checked out items will continue to be automatically renewed until the library re-opens.
Will my items accrue fines?
The IFLS Library System will automatically renew all checked out items from all of the libraries in the system until the libraries reopen. Ellsworth Public Library is a fines free library so you never have to worry about fines!
How can I contact the library staff?
While our physical building may be closed, we are still here to help. Please email us at email@example.com, reach out via Facebook, or call the library at 715-273-3209 during our regular business hours (Monday & Friday 10-6, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 10-8, and Saturday 9-1). Staff will be at the library to take your calls. After hours you may leave a message including your name and phone number and a library staff member will return your call as soon as possible.
How can I connect to WiFi?
WiFi is accessible in parts of the upper and lower back parking lots.
When will the library reopen?
Governor Tony Evers’ newest Emergency Order, effective April 24-May 25, 2020, allows Wisconsin public libraries to provide curbside service. Full text of Emergency Order #28 Libraries shall remain closed for all in-person services, but may continue to provide on-line services and programming. This order will remain in effect until 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, May 26, 2020. The Wisconsin Supreme Court has overturned the Safer at Home extension. The library will continue to offer doorside and virtual services only, to allow time for the Governor’s Office, DHS and the Legislature to develop a plan for reopening Wisconsin in a safe manner. Please keep an eye on the Ellsworth Public Library website or the EPL Facebook page for updates on re-opening, programming and on-line services.
How can I get tax forms?
The good news is that both the federal and state tax filing deadlines have been extended to July 15, 2020.
To request forms:
1-800-TAX-FORM or 1-800-829-3676
Wisconsin Department of Revenue
To request forms:
Minnesota Department of Revenue
To request forms:
651-296-4444 or 1-800-657-3676
You can access a forms ordering function 24 hours a day, seven days a week.